CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Some uncertainty remains ahead of Saturday storm that will bring rain and snow to western Massachusetts.
Here’s what we’re currently thinking.
- Rain chances before midnight tonight, but widespread rain not until daybreak Saturday
- Saturday morning: Rain with some snow mixing in over our western hills/Berkshires
- Saturday afternoon-early evening: Rain changing over to snow and then ending by 7-8 p.m.
- Rainfall amounts from 0.25″ northwest to around 1 inch southeast
- Snowfall amounts will depend highly on where the heavy snow band sets up as storm pulls away
- 1-3″ for valley areas
- 2-4″ for higher western hills
- 4-8″ for far eastern Hampden, Hampshire & Franklin Counties closest to Worcester County
- Snow will likely be on the wetter and heavier consistency
- Heaviest period of snow from mid-afternoon-early evening