(WWLP) – Power slowly returned for thousands of western Massachusetts customers after powerful storms moved through the region early Thursday evening, causing significant damage.
Before midnight, the Massachusetts Emergency Management Outage Map showed over 2,000 customers still without power. During the height of the storm over 10,000 outages were reported, Easthampton and Southampton had the most reported outages.
The Eversource Map Outage Map reported over 17,000 outages across the area around 6 p.m., that number has since dropped to 4,425. Below are storm damage reports and photos sent into our newsroom by residents, professionals, and police. If you see significant damage in your area, send us an email at ReportIt@wwlp.com.
Storm damage reports:
- 5:27 PM: Westfield – Multiple trees down blocking a portion of Route 202
- 5:33 PM: Holyoke – Tree and wires down on building and car on Wilson Avenue
- 5:35 PM: Easthampton – Tree and wires down on Northampton Street
- 5:37 PM: Granby – Multiple trees down on Route 202
- 5:44 PM: Agawam – Tree and wires down on High Street, Tree down on Line Street
- 5:50 PM: Chicopee – Tree down on home on Crescent Drive
- 5:23 PM: Huntington – Utility pole down and wires down on unoccupied car on upper Russell Road
- 5:27 PM: Northfield – Tree and wires down on Westhampton Road
- 5:30 PM: Russell – Tree down on Route 23 at Route 20 intersection
- 4:49 PM: Colrain – Tree and wires down on Wilson Hill Road near Purlington Lane
Local police and fire departments: