The cleanup is underway throughout western Massachusetts following Monday’s high winds. One of the communities hardest hit by Monday’s strong gusts is Southampton, where many people are still without power, and roads remain closed due to downed trees and wires.
Here is a look at some of the major roadway closures in Southampton alone:
- Glendale Road is closed at Pomeroy Meadow Road due to a downed tree and downed utility poles
- East Street is closed from 55 East Street through the intersection of Middle Road, due to downed wires
- Strong Road is closed at East Street
- Valley Road is closed at Brickyard Road due to a tree and wires down
- Gunn Road Ext. is closed at Pomeroy Meadow Rd. due to a tree on wires
Do not attempt to drive around barricades, and even if a roadway is not closed, if you see wires down, treat them as if they are live and avoid them.
Power outages continue in several western Massachusetts communities, though most customers who lost electricity Monday now have the lights back on. In Southampton, around 17% of Eversource customers were still without power as of 5:00 A.M. Tuesday.
- Western Massachusetts Weather Alerts
- 76 MPH wind gust measured at Mt. Tom
- If a tree falls in your yard, who’s liable?
- Power outages, road closures continue into morning hours
- Employee injured after roof shingle of Frontera Grill in Chicopee comes down
- Power restored to Holyoke Mall
- Road closures in Greenfield due to wind damage
- 60-mph wind gusts tearing down trees, power lines across Western Massachusetts
- Why is it so windy in western Massachusetts Monday
- Reports of high wind gusts in western Massachusetts
- Reports of wind damage in western Massachusetts
- Wall collapsed off a building on Canal Street in Holyoke
- How to prepare for high winds, possible power outage
- Closings & Delays
- Snowfall Map
- Interactive Radar
- Flight Tracker
- Live Traffic Map
- Weather App