(WWLP) – Tropical Storm Isaias made its way through western Massachusetts Tuesday afternoon and night and the increasing wind and rain resulted in multiple power outages and storm damage reports throughout the area.
According to the MEMA Outage Map at 1 a.m., there are nearly 200,000 customers across Massachusetts without power as of Tuesday night. Below is a breakdown of the western Massachusetts counties (Numbers are subject to change as power is being restored).
- Berkshire County – 15,724 customers without power
- Franklin County – 5,158 customers without power
- Hampshire County – 13,370 customers without power
- Hampden County – 44, 563 customers without power
STORM DAMAGE REPORTS
- Granby – 2:45 p.m. Tree down on Lyman Street
- Huntington -3:17 p.m. Tree down on County Road
- Williamsburg – 3:39 p.m. Tree down and blocking Briar Hill Road
- Williamsburg – 3:55 p.m. Tree and wires down on Nash Road
- Huntington – 3:57 p.m. Tree down on Goss Hill Road
- Agawam – 3:25 p.m. Tree down near CVS at Silver and Suffield Street
- Agawam – 3:33 p.m. Tree down blocking Parker Street
- Southwick – 3:46 p.m. Tree down across Berkshire Avenue
- Blandford – 3:53 p.m. Tree down on Route 23
- Springfield – 4:52 p.m. Tree on house and car at 30 Wendell Place
- Chicopee – 4:54 p.m. Tree down at Bardon Street
- Springfield – 4:54 p.m. Tree down on house at Trafton and Dickinson
- Westfield – 4:55 p.m. Tree down on wire on Lake Road by Island Street
POLICE & FIRE REPORTS
Longmeadow: Police say Williams Street from Williams Place Mall to Redfern Dr. is closed. Detour for Converse Street closing is as follows: Eastbound traffic: Laurel St to Bliss Rd to Burbank and back onto Converse St Westbound traffic: Converse St to Burbank Road to Bliss Road.
Rowe: Police say due to down wires Shippee Rd, Potters Rd, and Leshures Rd. are closed. Roads with down trees on wires but passable Ford Hill Rd, Cross Rd.
Ashfield Police say there is widespread wind damage. Many roads are impassable. Trees and power/utility lines down. DO NOT APPROACH DOWNED POWER/UTILITIES. Most of the damage is known to us and has been reported to the proper agency to repair or clear.
Turners Falls Fire Department said Millers Falls Road in the area of the Highland Cemetery is passable via ONE LANE only due to tree and power lines being downed- avoid the area if possible. Lake Pleasant Road from Millers Falls Road to Green Pond Rd is CLOSED due to a tree and utility lines down as well. Please be cautious in your travels overnight and throughout the morning as trees and limbs may still be compromised from the storm. Crews will be working overnight and throughout the day to repair these and many other issues throughout the County.
Granville Police and Fire Departments are have closed multiple roads due to trees and wires down and are urging people to not drive during the storm.
According to Easthampton Police, Loudville Road and Torrey Street in Easthampton are closed due to downed power lines and there is a power outage in the area. Eversource is in the area and traffic is being detoured. Police are advising drivers to seek an alternate route.
Send your weather photos and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org