CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – A Red Flag Warning is in effect for all of western Massachusetts from noon Friday until 8 p.m. Friday evening.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are occurring, any fires that start may spread rapidly and become difficult to extinguish.
Dry weather and gusty winds will result in potentially critical fire weather conditions. There will be a mix of sun and clouds on Friday, which will be windy and cooler. Highs will be in the low to mid-50s and winds could gust up around 30 mph.
The wind and dry conditions will increase the brush fire danger. It is best not to do any outdoor burning.
Skies will be partly cloudy tonight and a cold and breezy night. Lows will drop down into the 20s.
Download the 22News Storm Team Weather App
The 22News Storm Team app is customizable and can be set to give you updates specific to where you are or where your home is.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms near you and any approaching risks
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen with an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Southern New England
- The latest video forecasts from the 22News Storm Team
- Current weather conditions for western Massachusetts and anywhere in the United States
- Set multiple custom locations or “follow me” mode to bring all weather forecasts, alerts, radar, and more to wherever you are or any locations you frequent
- Active closings and delays for western Massachusetts
- Detailed 7-Day Forecast gives you the most accurate and in-depth weather information for the full week ahead
- Latest weather discussion from local expert meteorologists of the 22News Storm Team