A High Wind Warning is in effect across western Massachusetts warning of winds strong enough to down trees, tree limbs, and lead to scattered debris on roads, and that could lead to scattered power outages.
Wind gusts could exceed 65 miles per hour at times, which in the past, has been strong enough to cause tree and house damage–as well as power outages.
Winds will peak from late morning through the afternoon before gradually backing off this evening.
- How to prepare for high winds, possible power outage
- Reports of high wind gusts in western Massachusetts
- Why is it so windy today?
Reports are from the National Weather Service and the Skywarn Storm Spotters:
- 8:34 AM: Bernardston: Purple Meadow Road – Trees and Power lines down
- 9:14 AM: Wilbraham: Main Street – Large Branch down
- 9:22 AM: Monson: Upper Hampden Road – Tree down blocking both lanes
- 9:34 AM: Chicopee: Granby Road – Tree down
- 9:38 AM: Wilbraham: Maynard Road – Tree down
- 9:46 AM: Hatfield: Pantry Road – Limb Down on Wires
- 9:47 PM: West Springfield: Piper Road – Large tree and Wires down
- 9:48 AM: Brimfield: East Brimfield Holland Road – Tree down partially blocking one lane
- 9:56 AM: Holyoke: West Franklin Street – Tree down on Wires
- 10:20 AM: Charlemont: North River Road – Tree and Wires down
- 11:20 AM: Hatfield: Tree down on Wires near Fedex Building
- 11:20 AM: Williamsburg: Mountain Street – Large Tree down on Wires
- 11:29 AM: Colrain: Foundry Village Road – Tree and Wires down
- 11:57 AM: Ware: Greenwich Street – Tree down
- 11:42 AM: Monson: Lower Hampden Road – Tree blocking road
- 1:01 PM: Brimfield: Brimfield Holland Road – Tree down partially blocking one lane
- 1:01 PM: Charlemont: North River Road – Tree and wires down
- 1:01 PM: Monson: Brimfield Road – Tree on wires
- 1:01 PM: Ware: Greenwich Plain Road – Tree down on wires
- 1:01 PM: Hatfield: West Street – Tree down on wires
- 1:01 PM: Williamsburg: Mountain Street – Large tree down with wires