Some major roadways in Greenfield are closed due to damage from Monday’s gusty winds. Greenfield Police Sgt. David Rice told 22News that there are multiple downed trees, downed wires, and broken telephone poles, which have caused the following roadways to be shut down:
- Mountain Rd. from Maple St. to Montague City Rd.
- River St. from Laurel St. to Wisdom Way
- Colrain Rd. from Meadow Ln. to Plain Rd.
Monday evening, 22News shot video on Conway Street in Greenfield, where trees slammed into power lines, forcing the closure of the road there. Police are urging drivers to remember: if you see wires on the road, you should always assume that they are charged and live.
- Western Massachusetts Weather Alerts
- 76 MPH wind gust measured at Mt. Tom
- If a tree falls in your yard, who’s liable?
- Power outages, road closures continue into morning hours
- Employee injured after roof shingle of Frontera Grill in Chicopee comes down
- Power restored to Holyoke Mall
- Road closures in Greenfield due to wind damage
- 60-mph wind gusts tearing down trees, power lines across Western Massachusetts
- Why is it so windy in western Massachusetts Monday
- Reports of high wind gusts in western Massachusetts
- Reports of wind damage in western Massachusetts
- Wall collapsed off a building on Canal Street in Holyoke
- How to prepare for high winds, possible power outage
- Closings & Delays
- Snowfall Map
- Interactive Radar
- Flight Tracker
- Live Traffic Map
- Weather App