SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for parts of western Massachusetts late Wednesday night into Thursday.
The National Weather Service in Boston said a severe thunderstorm will move through southeastern Hampshire County, Southeastern Franklin County and Cental Hampden County until 12:15 a.m.
NWS said at 11:41 p.m., a severe thunderstorm was located over Holyoke moving East at 35 mph. Radar also indicates that wind gusts are moving at 60 mph with quarter size hail.
Residents can expect wind damage to trees, power lines, and minor hail damage to vehicles in the following western Massachusetts areas:
- West Springfield
- South Hadley
- Holyoke: Large Branch down on Suffolk Street
- Holyoke: Large Branch down on 293 Ingleside Street
- Granby: Trees down on New Ludlow Road
- South Hadley: Trees down Lyman & Newton St, near Big Y Express
- Granby: Large trees down on east st at Sherwood Dr.
- Granby: Multiple Trees down on East Street at Sherwood Drive
- Granby: Large branches down by the Westover Golf Club
- Granby: Two trees down on South Street
- Granby: Multiple Trees down on 914 Morgan Street