(WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team has issued a Severe Weather Alert for Wednesday as strong winds could cause wind damage and power outages.
The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency map showed at least 5,000 customers without power in western Massachusetts, with Berkshire County being the hardest-hit area.
Over 28,000 Eversource customers were also without power the company’s outage map indicates. Overall, at least 240,000 Massachusetts residents were without power during the powerful storm.
Below is a list of storm damage reports and photos sent into our newsroom through ReportIt:
Pictures & Videos
Do you see storm damage in your area? Take a photo and send it to us if you can safely do so!
Storm Damage Reports:
- 4:45 PM: Colrain – Multiple trees, utility poles, and wires down on Adamsville Road and Foundry
- 5 PM: Agawam – Tree down on three cars on Pine Street
- 5 PM: Easthampton – Large tree blocking Route 10 about 1/2 mile north of Union St
- 5 PM: Middlefield – Large power outage, approx. 75 percent of town without power. Restoration time unknown
- 5:02 PM: Peru – Large power outage, approx. 45 percent of town without power. Restoration time unknown.
- 5:03 PM: Easthampton – Tree down on car at 47 Florence Road
- 5:05 PM: Easthampton – Powerline down on car on Lyman St
- 5:09 PM: Amherst – Pleasant Street – Tree and wires down
- 5:10 PM: Amherst – Northampton Road just east of Dana – Tree down blocking road
- 5:11 PM: Westhampton – Hail of penny size on Easthampton Rd
- 5: 12 PM: Power out on Prospect Street, Northampton
- 5:15 PM: Easthampton – Numerous trees down on Route 141
- 5:18 PM: Downed tree on Pajak Street Chicopee due to storm (ReportIt)
- 5:20 PM: Trees down all over turners falls road in Montague. Seemed like a tornado passed through (ReportIt)
- 5:20 PM: Large power outage in Chesterfield, approx. 64 percent of town without power
- 5:21 PM: Hardwick – River Run Road – Tree down across road with wires down
- 5:24 PM: Springfield – Tree down on Liberty Street
- 5:26 PM: Trees down across Agawam
- 5:28 PM: Power outage in South Hadley on Pearl St. (ReportIt)
- 5:30 PM: Multiple reports in Southwick of trees down; Ed Holcomb Rd, Hillside Rd Ranch Golf Club, Jerry Drive, Miller Rd, Hillside Rd, Southwick Acres Campground
- 5:30 PM: Wire down and burning, closing RT47 between Hadley and South Hadley (ReportIt)
- 5:39 PM: West Springfield Avondale Ave area. Trees and powerlines down. I have a lot more pictures it won’t let me attach. (ReportIt)
Reports from local police and fire departments
- Adams Police: Crotteau Street closed due to storm damage. Please avoid the area.
- Deerfield Police: Many trees down! 7:30 PM UPDATE NO ETA from the power company if you power is out feel free to report it online directly to Eversource. Lee Road near Boyton Road intersection pole snapped off River Road from McClelland Farm to Railroad Yard Road Stillwater – Upper Road intersection to Lee Road Whately Road at 138 Pleasant Street by North Main St
- Hadley Police: Emergency personnel and utility crews are working diligently to clean up the hazards from the high winds and rain that just came through our town. Several roads are currently closed due to downed wires and trees.
- Montague Police: Multiple trees and wires down throughout the Town of Montague. Expect delays if you must go out. Do not approach down wires if you come upon them.
- Cheshire Police: Current situation on West Mountain Road above Larabees Auto. Awaiting National Grid. Please avoid the area. We will update when opened.
- Hatfield Police: Straits Road at Depot Road closed due to powerlines across road, Main Street in the area of #174 headed northbound to water treatment plant closed, Main Street at School Street is closed due to fish tales for powerlines in roadway.
- Whately Police: Westbrook Rd is closed due to storm damage.
- Holland Police: Multiple roads currently impassable. Please be advised that Sturbridge Rd in the vicinity of 70 is closed due to a downed tree and electrical wires. Blodgett Dr is also impassable at this time. Sturbridge Rd detour is via Dug Hill Rd and East Brimfield Rd. Brimfield Rd in the area of 181 is also impassable due to downed trees and wires. Detour via Wales Rd and North Wales Rd. National Grid has been advised of all and we have no eta at this time.