(WWLP) – The first storm of 2018 will bring accumulating snow to all of western Massachusetts beginning Thursday morning and lasting until the evening hours.
A Winter Storm Warning is in effect all day Thursday for all of western Massachusetts.
A Wind Chill Watch is in effect from late Thursday night through Saturday afternoon for Hampden, Hampshire & Franklin Counties.
A Wind Chill Warning is in effect starting early Friday morning into Saturday afternoon for Berkshire County
The speed limit on the Mass Pike has been reduced to 40 MPH from the New York line to Boston.
Report It! Submit a photo to WWLP
Text Alerts Breaking News, Weather, Closings
Email Breaking News, Weather, Headlines
- 5-7 a.m.: Snow begins from south to north
- Mid to Late morning: Snow becomes widespread
- Late morning to afternoon: Steadiest snow of the day
- Evening: Snow ends
- Snow everywhere
- Fluffy snow
Snowfall amounts & uncertainty:
- Most snow expected in far eastern parts of Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin Counties, 7-10″
- Central Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin Counties could see 4 to 8 inches.
- Berkshire County and western parts of Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin Counties can expect 3-6 inches of snow
- Travel may be difficult Thursday morning with reduced visibility and slippery roads
- As winds pick up during the day, isolated power outages and downed tree limbs are possible