CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – It was a bit of a snowy start to the day throughout western Massachusetts Tuesday morning, but not the kind of accumulation expected for this time of year.
The morning’s weather conditions led to slightly slick roads but overall didn’t disrupt travel too much. Typically this time of year brings a higher amount of snowfall but snow has been in a big deficit for the entire 2022-2023 winter season.
Erin Walch of Chicopee is hoping that trend changes, “Maybe just a little bit more snow, I’m a teacher so I could go for at least one snow day, and I have young kids so to go sledding one day would be fun.”
We’re 27 days away from the first day of Spring, so there’s still time for winter weather to make its way here to western Massachusetts.
Another round of rain and snow showers will come for the evening Tuesday. This will mainly be rain in the valley and snow in the hills.
7 Day Forecast
Another round of wintry weather that could be more impactful is in our forecast for Wednesday night & Thursday.
Download the 22News Storm Team Weather App
The 22News Storm Team app is customizable and can be set to give you updates specific to where you are or where your home is.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms near you and any approaching risks
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen with an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Southern New England
- The latest video forecasts from the 22News Storm Team
- Current weather conditions for western Massachusetts and anywhere in the United States
- Set multiple custom locations or “follow me” mode to bring all weather forecasts, alerts, radar, and more to wherever you are or any locations you frequent
- Active closings and delays for western Massachusetts
- Detailed 7-Day Forecast gives you the most accurate and in-depth weather information for the full week ahead
- Latest weather discussion from local expert meteorologists of the 22News Storm Team