Some students will be getting out of school early on Tuesday to escape the heat and humidityFor students in South Hadley, it is the first day of school, and they are starting off the year with a half-day due to the heat. South Hadley Superintendent Nick Young said that dismissal times will vary by school.
Students in Springfield, meanwhile, will be starting their second week of school by getting out early on Tuesday. A spokesperson for the Springfield Public Schools told 22News that all after school activities are cancelled for the afternoon. Students will still be served breakfast and lunch, and bus schedules will be adjusted to fit the early dismissal times.
Remember to keep you and your family safe Tuesday in the heat and high humidity by drinking plenty of water, and staying in the air conditioning, if possible.
Click here for a complete listing of school closings and early dismissals.
South Hadley Dismissal Times:
- South Hadley High releases at 11:01 a.m.
- Michael E. Smith Middle School releases at 11:25 a.m.
- Mosier Elementary releases at 11:50 a.m.
- Plains Elementary releases at 12:15 p.m.
Chicopee Dismissal Times:
- Middle and High School release at 10:45 a.m.
- Elementary school releases at 11:30 a.m.
Springfield Dismissal Times:
- High schools dismiss at 11:05 a.m.
- Springfield Renaissance School, Springfield Conservatory of the Arts, Duggan Academy dismiss at 11:05 a.m.
- All alternative schools dismiss at 11:05 a.m.
- Zanetti School will dismiss at 11:35 a.m,
- Middle schools will dismiss at 11:35 a.m.
- Elementary schools will dismiss at 12:10 p.m.