It may be April, but we’re still tracking more accumulating snow.
No winter watches, warnings or weather advisories are in effect for this snow, but some slushy roads will be possible this afternoon.
Here’s what we’re looking at:
- Noon-3pm: Steadiest/heaviest snow
- 3pm-5pm: Snow changes to scattered rain/snow mix showers
- 5pm-Saturday 4am: Scattered lingering rain/snow showers and then drying out
Precipitation Type & Accumulation:
- Starts as ALL Snow
- Heaviest snow and majority of accumulation through mid-afternoon
- Rain/snow mix from late afternoon through tonight, more scattered and less widespread
- Wet and sticky snow will accumulate most on the grass, but some slushy road accumulation possible
- Highest accumulation will be in the hills west of the Connecticut River: 1-3″
- Coating-2″ for the rest of western Massachusetts including the lower Pioneer Valley. Most ares should have amounts less than 1 inch.
- Here’s our Snowfall Forecast Map.