(WWLP) – Strong thunderstorms moved across western Massachusetts Wednesday evening leaving hundreds of residents without power and bringing hail and lightning.
According to the MEMA Outage Map, Springfield was the most affected area with over 700 power outages reported after 8 p.m. Few outages were reported in West Springfield, Monson, Amherst, Pittsfield, Conway, Montague, and Wilbraham.
The Eversource Outage Map showed over 900 customers without power across western Massachusetts, after 8 p.m. That number dropped to 578 at 11 p.m.
Overall in Massachusetts, 2,637 customers were without power as the storm passed through.
Below are reported damages across the area along with photos (above) sent by viewers:
- 5:15 PM – Savoy: Large tree down
- 5:52 PM – Leyden: Large tree down on Eden Trail Road
- 6 PM – Bernardston: Tree down on Cross Street
- 6:02 PM – Huntington: Tree and wires down on Emerson Gorham Road
- 6:35 PM – Pelham: Tree down on Jones Road
- 6:39 PM – Pelham: Tree down on Amherst Road
- 7:20 PM – Springfield: Multiple trees down on North Branch Parkway