Plan on an active start to March with the potential for two winter storms to have impacts on the weekend.
A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued for Hampden County and eastern Hampshire County from Saturday 1AM-Saturday 7PM.
Here’s what we expect:
STORM #1: Saturday Morning (Lower impact storm)
- Snow arrives: Saturday 3 a.m. – 7 a.m. from south to north
- Steadiest Snow: 6 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Snow Ending: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Higher accumulation southeast
- Lower accumulation northwest
- There could be a sharp cutoff from areas that pick up a couple of inches to areas that barely get any.
- Minimal wobbles in the track could have noticeable impacts in snowfall amount
- Here’s our snowfall forecast map. Keep checking back as we’ll likely make additional adjustments.
- Travel could be a bit difficult Saturday morning.
- Some more snow showers and/or flurries are possible Saturday evening with minor additional accumulation
STORM #2: Sunday Night-Monday Morning (Potentially bigger impact storm)
- Snow arrives: Sunday 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. from west to east
- Heaviest snow: Sunday 11 p.m. – Monday 6 a.m.
- Snow Ending: Monday 8 a.m. – Noon
- We will be able to narrow down the timing further as this storm approaches
- Potential exists for impacts to the morning commute and the school day
- Higher accumulation northwest
- Lower accumulation southeast
- Potentially significant accumulating storm
- Some uncertainty regarding whether sleet/freezing rain mixes with snow.
- More mix = less snow
- We’ll be able to issue our initial snowfall forecast for this storm on Saturday
Stay with the 22News Storm Team as we continue to track these storms throughout the weekend with our team of meteorologists.