LAKE CHARLES, La. ( CNN/WKRG ) — Hurricane strength winds damaged Lake Charles tower in Laura’s path as they swept across a parking lot and blew debris around.
The National Hurricane Center has determined that the center of Hurricane Laura came ashore just prior to 2:00 AM ET / 1:00 AM CT Thursday at Cameron, LA. Hurricane Laura roared ashore with maximum sustained winds at 150 mph and a minimum central pressure of just below 940 mb.
- FORECAST: Heavy rain and gusty winds develop Tuesday evening
- 90-year-old Florida man hits hole-in-one
- Florida traffic stop leads to seizure of enough fentanyl to kill nearly 40k people
- Rhode Island teacher transforms conservation land into outdoor classroom
- Dying winds give crews hope in Northern California fires