CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team issued a WEATHER ALERT through noon Thursday for strong damaging winds.
WIND ADVISORY: Hampden, Hampshire & Franklin Counties until 6:00 p.m. Thursday. Berkshire County until 8:00 p.m. Thursday.
Southwest winds of 20 to 30 MPH with gusts up to 50 MPH are expected. Winds could blow around unsecured items, cause tree limbs to fall, and may result in area power outages. Use extra caution when driving and secure outdoor objects.
Wind Gust Reports:
- Orange: 51 MPH at 1:54 a.m.
- Westfield-Barnes: 51 MPH at 3:04 a.m.
- Westover AFB: 51 MPH at 3:41 a.m.
FLOOD WATCH: Berkshire County from 8:00 p.m. Wednesday through Friday morning.
- New Salem: 2.79″ at 7:00 a.m.
- Monson: 4.10″ at 7:14 a.m.
- Southwick: 3.77″ at 3:30 a.m.
The heavy rain has come to an end and it will be a mostly cloudy and windy day with some scattered showers from time to time. Highs will be in the lower 50s.
Skies will be partly cloudy tonight with lows in the low 40s. Winds will diminish a bit but it will still be breezy.
- Springfield DPW working overnight ahead of first predicted snowfall
- Springfield mother of four receives Parent of the Year Award
- How does homeowners insurance work?
- Governors Baker, Cuomo warn against traveling across state lines
- Lawmakers split on proposed regulations for recreational marijuana delivery