CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team issued a WEATHER ALERT through noon Thursday for strong damaging winds.
WIND ADVISORY: Hampden, Hampshire & Franklin Counties until 6:00 p.m. Thursday. Berkshire County until 8:00 p.m. Thursday.
Southwest winds of 20 to 30 MPH with gusts up to 50 MPH are expected. Winds could blow around unsecured items, cause tree limbs to fall, and may result in area power outages. Use extra caution when driving and secure outdoor objects.
Wind Gust Reports:
- Orange: 51 MPH at 1:54 a.m.
- Westfield-Barnes: 51 MPH at 3:04 a.m.
- Westover AFB: 51 MPH at 3:41 a.m.
FLOOD WATCH: Berkshire County from 8:00 p.m. Wednesday through Friday morning.
- New Salem: 2.79″ at 7:00 a.m.
- Monson: 4.10″ at 7:14 a.m.
- Southwick: 3.77″ at 3:30 a.m.
The heavy rain has come to an end and it will be a mostly cloudy and windy day with some scattered showers from time to time. Highs will be in the lower 50s.
Skies will be partly cloudy tonight with lows in the low 40s. Winds will diminish a bit but it will still be breezy.
- Hampden County Defenders including criminal defense lawyers to host BLM rally in Springfield
- Section of I-90 eastbound, westbound, in Russell, West Stockbridge, Lee, Becket to undergo construction
- Photo sent just before Naya Rivera’s disappearance at Lake Piru may help find her, official says
- Washington to shed ‘Redskins’ name Monday, reports say
- Portion of Route 32 in Palmer under construction until Friday