CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team issued a Weather Alert for Monday and Tuesday for significant snow in western Massachusetts.
A Winter Storm Warning is in effect from 8 p.m. Monday to 8 a.m. Wednesday for Franklin, western Hampshire, & western Hampden County, and 5 p.m. Monday to 8 a.m. Wednesday for Berkshire County or the possibility of significant snowfall accumulation.
A Winter Storm Watch is in effect from Monday night through Wednesday morning for central/eastern Hampden & central/eastern Hampshire County.
Monday will be a mostly cloudy day, with scattered rain (mainly in the Pioneer Valley) and snow showers (mainly Berkshires & western hills). There will be little to no snow accumulation during the daylight hours on Monday. High temperatures on Monday will be in the low 40s.
The rain/snow mix becomes steady early Monday evening. Any lingering rain will transition to all snow after midnight.
Snow, heavy at times, is likely on Tuesday. The heaviest snow will most likely fall Tuesday morning. Although a brief “surge” of heavy snow is possible Tuesday afternoon and evening. Most of the valley snowfall accumulation will come during the day Tuesday.
The highest snowfall accumulation will be in the Berkshires and Berkshire foothills. This is also the area with the greatest risk of power outages and tree/structure damage from the heavy snow and wind. Wind gusts across western Massachusetts could reach 30-50 mph.
Download the 22News Storm Team Weather App
The 22News Storm Team app is customizable and can be set to give you updates specific to where you are or where your home is.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms near you and any approaching risks
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen with an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Southern New England
- The latest video forecasts from the 22News Storm Team
- Current weather conditions for western Massachusetts and anywhere in the United States
- Set multiple custom locations or “follow me” mode to bring all weather forecasts, alerts, radar, and more to wherever you are or any locations you frequent
- Active closings and delays for western Massachusetts
- Detailed 7-Day Forecast gives you the most accurate and in-depth weather information for the full week ahead
- Latest weather discussion from local expert meteorologists of the 22News Storm Team