Isolated storms Wednesday afternoon and scattered storms later in the night could bring damaging winds, lightning and heavy rain.
The 22News Storm Team has issued a Weather Alert for the rest of the day in order to give you preparation time in the event severe weather develops.
Here’s what to expect:
- 2PM-7PM: Isolated shower or thunderstorm could pop up. A strong/severe storm is possible.
- 7PM-11PM: Scattered to widespread downpours and storms arrive in a line moving from northwest to southeast. Areas up and down I-91 not likely impacted until 8:00 p.m.
- By midnight: Drying and clearing begins as overnight lows drop into the low 50s
- Damaging wind and lightning are the primary risks with any afternoon and nighttime thunderstorms
- Street flooding is possible if storms continue to form or pass over the same area
- There is a low tornado risk given the low level wind shear (wind change with height) that may be in place during storms later Wednesday