(WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team has declared a Weather Alert through Friday morning. Our primary concern with this storm is for damaging winds that could gust over 40 MPH.
A High Wind Warning has been issued for central/eastern Hampden & Hampshire Counties until 4AM Friday. Gusts over 50mph are possible.
The National Weather Service has issued a Wind Advisory for the rest of western Massachusetts through Friday morning.
Thunderstorms, with heavy downpours and wind gusts to 60 mph will arrive in western Massachusetts 12:30am-2:30am. Wind gusts up to 60mph are likely through 3am Friday. Tree damage and power outages will be possible during this time. The heavy rain may cause some street flooding overnight.
Be ready for a slower than normal morning commute on Friday, due to lingering wind debris.
Wind gusts will decrease gradually and the weather will dry out after sunrise Friday.
Send reports and/or photos of weather related damage, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As US grapples with virus, Florida hits record case increase
- Blue Lives Matter convoy to be held in support of local law enforcement
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- F1 star Hamilton raises right fist in fight against racism
- President Trump criticizes privately built border wall in Texas