CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team has issued a Weather Alert with several rounds of storms, some of which may be dangerous.
Some storms moved through the area early this morning, but our greatest concern is for the storms that come now through 9PM. These storms have the potential to be stronger and could cause more damage.
A Severe Thunderstorm Watch has been issued for ALL of western Massachusetts until 9PM. A watch is issued when conditions are favorable for the development of severe weather during the watch time.
Make sure you stay with the 22News Storm Team throughout the day as we track potential severe weather. If you haven’t yet, download our free 22News Storm Team Weather App.
NOW-9PM Scattered to widespread thunderstorms arriving from northwest to southeast.
Severe Weather Threats:
Main Threats: Lightning, street flooding and damaging wind gusts
Secondary Threats: Isolated large hail, very low (non-zero) tornado risk
- 7 Day Forecast
- Cleanup continues in Longmeadow following Monday’s powerful storms
- Recent hot and humid weather combines for strong thunderstorms
- What causes lightning?
- Holiday spirit alive and well thanks to the Springfield Symphony Orchestra
- Widespread flu activity reported in Massachusetts
- Western Massachusetts veterans and residents remember Pearl Harbor
- Toys for Tots collecting toys over the weekend
- Western Mass Model A Restorers Club donates dozens to ‘Toys for Tots’ drive