CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team has issued a Weather Alert with several rounds of storms, some of which may be dangerous.
Some storms moved through the area early this morning, but our greatest concern is for the storms that come now through 9PM. These storms have the potential to be stronger and could cause more damage.
A Severe Thunderstorm Watch has been issued for ALL of western Massachusetts until 9PM. A watch is issued when conditions are favorable for the development of severe weather during the watch time.
Make sure you stay with the 22News Storm Team throughout the day as we track potential severe weather. If you haven’t yet, download our free 22News Storm Team Weather App.
NOW-9PM Scattered to widespread thunderstorms arriving from northwest to southeast.
Severe Weather Threats:
Main Threats: Lightning, street flooding and damaging wind gusts
Secondary Threats: Isolated large hail, very low (non-zero) tornado risk
- 7 Day Forecast
- Cleanup continues in Longmeadow following Monday’s powerful storms
- Recent hot and humid weather combines for strong thunderstorms
- What causes lightning?
- Springfield Museums uses candy to explore science during school vacation week
- WATCH LIVE: Gas line rupture in Texas
- SWAT team rescues man from Lake Michigan
- Governor Baker announces funding to support Mohawk Trail Woodland Partnership
- Virginia lawmakers reject assault weapon ban