CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team issued a Weather Alert for snow and a wintry mix through Thursday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for all of western Massachusetts until 4 a.m. Friday.
Snow, sleet, and freezing rain continue early Thursday morning. Snow/sleet accumulations will range from a coating to 2 inches in the lower Pioneer Valley to 4 inches in our northwestern hills. The freezing rain could lead to isolated power outages, mainly in the Berkshires and the hills.
The steady sleet and freezing rain will be tapering off this morning. Be ready for a slushy, icy Thursday morning commute. High temperatures will be in the low to mid 30s and that will happen Thursday morning. Temperatures will drop into the 20s this afternoon. There will be areas of patchy drizzle and freezing drizzle along with light scattered mixed showers throughout the day on Thursday.
Another round of sleet a freezing rain showers will move through Thursday evening. Low temperatures will be in the low to mid 20s.
We’ll dry out Friday with be partly sunny skies. It will be a windy day with highs in the low to mid 30s.
Download the 22News Storm Team Weather App
The 22News Storm Team app is customizable and can be set to give you updates specific to where you are or where your home is.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms near you and any approaching risks
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen with an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Southern New England
- The latest video forecasts from the 22News Storm Team
- Current weather conditions for western Massachusetts and anywhere in the United States
- Set multiple custom locations or “follow me” mode to bring all weather forecasts, alerts, radar, and more to wherever you are or any locations you frequent
- Active closings and delays for western Massachusetts
- Detailed 7-Day Forecast gives you the most accurate and in-depth weather information for the full week ahead
- Latest weather discussion from local expert meteorologists of the 22News Storm Team