Heat and higher humidity could bring some strong or severe storms to western Massachusetts.
The 22News Storm Team has issued a Weather Alert for this afternoon and this evening to prepare you for the possibility of some hit or miss strong storms.
Here’s what we’re looking at:
- Now – 11PM: Scattered strong/severe storms
- Overnight: Leftover shower or non-severe storm
- Heavy rain and minor street flooding
- Damaging Winds
- If a Severe Thunderstorm Watch is issued: Prepare for the possibility of severe storms developing during the time frame of the watch
- If a Severe Thunderstorm Warning is issued: A Severe Thunderstorm has developed and is in your area…head indoors immediately to a sturdy structure
- “When thunder roars, head indoors” if you can hear thunder, you’re close enough to a storm to get hit by lightning
- Street flooding is also possible, if water covers a road “turn around, don’t drown”