CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team has issued a Weather Alert for strong to severe thunderstorms Saturday.
Clouds will be on the increase with showers moving in later Friday afternoon. Some snow and sleet are possible in the hills and Berkshires. Showers will continue Friday night with lows in the upper 30s and lower 40s.
On Saturday some showers will move through during the morning hours with some breaks of sunshine. It will be a very mild day with highs in the low to mid-60s. It could be even warmer depending on how much sunshine we see.
There will be a chance for more showers and storms during the afternoon, strong to severe thunderstorms are possible from 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. on Saturday.
22News Storm Team Meteorologist Brian Lapis will be tracking the timing for showers and storms Saturday on 22News starting at 5 p.m.
Download the 22News Storm Team Weather App
The 22News Storm Team app is customizable and can be set to give you updates specific to where you are or where your home is.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms near you and any approaching risks
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen with an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Southern New England
- The latest video forecasts from the 22News Storm Team
- Current weather conditions for western Massachusetts and anywhere in the United States
- Set multiple custom locations or “follow me” mode to bring all weather forecasts, alerts, radar, and more to wherever you are or any locations you frequent
- Active closings and delays for western Massachusetts
- Detailed 7-Day Forecast gives you the most accurate and in-depth weather information for the full week ahead
- Latest weather discussion from local expert meteorologists of the 22News Storm Team