SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team has issued a Weather Alert for strong to severe thunderstorms Tuesday.
Thunderstorms are expected to arrive late Tuesday morning into the early afternoon. The best chance for storms will be from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. It will be hot and humid with temperatures up around 90 degrees.
The Storm Team says residents should be ready for lightning, gusty winds, and downpours.
A Heat Advisory remains in effect through 8:00 p.m. Tuesday night in Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin and southern Berkshire counties. The heat index will make it feel like it’s around 100 degrees again Monday and Tuesday afternoon.
TUESDAY: Sun/Cloud Mix. Midday & Afternoon Thunderstorms.
TUESDAY NIGHT: Chance Evening Showers. Mostly Cloudy.
The 22News Storm Team Weather Line: 413-377-22WX
Download the 22News Storm Team Weather App
The 22News Storm Team app is customizable and can be set to give you updates specific to where you are or where your home is.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms near you and any approaching risks
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen with an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Southern New England
- The latest video forecasts from the 22News Storm Team
- Current weather conditions for western Massachusetts and anywhere in the United States
- Set multiple custom locations or “follow me” mode to bring all weather forecasts, alerts, radar, and more to wherever you are or any locations you frequent
- Active closings and delays for western Massachusetts
- Detailed 7-Day Forecast gives you the most accurate and in-depth weather information for the full week ahead
- Latest weather discussion from local expert meteorologists of the 22News Storm Team