CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Heavy rain and gusty winds Wednesday night and Thursday morning led to power outages and street flooding all across western Massachusetts.
A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 p.m. Thursday. West winds of 20 to 30 MPH with gusts up to 50 MPH are possible. Gusty winds could blow around unsecured items, tree limbs and trees could be blown down and may result in more power outages. Use extra caution when driving and secure outdoor objects.
Showers will last through the morning and afternoon. The target will be the western hills, but a few scattered showers could make it into the valley. Rain chances dwindle toward the evening with highs much cooler in the low 50s. It will be very cloudy, and gusty winds are likely most of the day.
Stay with the 22News Storm Team for the latest information on WWLP.com and Follow on Facebook. Today’s Forecast >>
- Belichick not taking Bengals lightly; denies knowledge of sideline video
- Police warning residents of cable company scam
- Fourth-grader’s UT shirt raises nearly $1 million for anti-bullying group
- Oh, baby! Fire department welcomes seven little ones to first responder family
- Disney-inspired Christmas lights display goes viral