A Winter Storm Watch has been issued for all of western Massachusetts from Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday morning.
- Winter Storm Watch for Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin Counties from 12 p.m. Tuesday until 7 a.m. Wednesday.
- Winter Storm Watch for Berkshire County from 10 a.m. Tuesday until 4 p.m. Wednesday.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
A Wind Advisory has been issued for Berkshire County from 4 p.m. Tuesday until 7 a.m. Wednesday. Wind gusts over 40 mph possible.
- Snow Begins: Tuesday 11am-2pm from southwest to northeast
- Heaviest Snow: Tuesday Afternoon-Mid-Evening. Significant impacts to the evening commute.
- Snow turns to sleet: Tuesday 5pm-10pm from south to north
- Sleet mixes with freezing rain: Tuesday 10pm-Wednesday 4am
- Fading wintry mix of snow, sleet, freezing rain and rain: Wednesday 4am-9am
- Lowest amounts where snow turns to sleet earliest
- Highest amounts where snow holds on longest before the changeover to sleet
- Considerable uncertainty regarding how quickly the changeover happens, so plan on adjustments to the snowfall forecast
- Here’s our initial snowfall forecast map.