(WWLP) – A complicated storm will bring a wintry mix of snow, sleet, freezing rain, and rain to western Massachusetts today. Plan on a slower than usual, slushy, crusty, and icy Thursday morning commute.
Winter Weather Advisories of various start & end times have been issued by the National Weather Service for ALL of western Massachusetts.
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY:
- Hampden and Eastern Hampshire Counties: Until 1pm for sleet and freezing rain.
- Eastern Franklin County: Until 7pm for snow, sleet and freezing rain.
- Western Franklin and Western Hampshire Counties: Until 10pm for snow, sleet and freezing rain.
- Southern Berkshire County: Until 4pm for snow, sleet and freezing rain.
- Northern Berkshire County: Until 10pm for snow, sleet and freezing rain.
In general, the farther south & east you live, the earlier you’ll switch from a wintry mix over to rain. The farther north & west you live, the longer you’ll hang on to an icy mix.
- Now Through 9 am: Sleet changing to Freezing Rain/Drizzle
- 9am-1pm: Freezing Rain to Plain Rain Showers/Drizzle. Freezing rain lasting longer in the hills.
- Tonight: Occasional Plain Rain Showers/Drizzle
- Friday Morning through Early Afternoon Heavy Rain with a Thunderstorm Possible
- Friday Afternoon-Evening: Change from Rain back to Snow. A light accumulation possible.
Snow Accumulation Friday PM
- Coating-Dusting for Most
- Coating-2″ North & West
- OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma to plead guilty to 3 criminal charges
- From muted mics to topics chosen, here’s what you need to know about the final Trump-Biden debate
- Want to win over your Halloween boo? Try a funny costume
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump campaigns in NC; Presidential Debate preparations
- New electric Hummer to feature ‘crab walk’ mode