A mix of snow, sleet and very isolated freezing rain will mainly impact areas outside of the lower Pioneer Valley Friday night.
A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued for western Hampden, western Hampshire, western Franklin and all of Berkshire County from 6pm Friday-6am Saturday.
- 4pm-8pm: Rain, snow and sleet mix arriving, especially in areas outside of the lower Pioneer Valley
- Lower Pioneer Valley: Mainly rain with some wet snow and sleet pellets mixing in
- Outside of the lower valley: Rain, snow and sleet.
- Highest western hills: Snow, sleet and spotty freezing rain.
- Midnight-7am Saturday: Changeover to rain for everyone. Rain showers ending by 7am.
- Little to no accumulation expected in the lower Pioneer Valley, just some wet flakes/snow showers or sleet pellets
- Dustings and coatings outside of the valley
- Highest western hills could pick up a coating-1″ of snow, sleet and a glaze of freezing rain
- Here’s our snowfall forecast map.
While impacts should be minimal thanks to warmer ground temperatures, be careful traveling in the hills Friday evening and night. Weather should improve dramatically during the day on Saturday.