CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team has issued a Weather Alert for a wintry mix that will develop Tuesday evening and could create slick travel with a light accumulation of freezing rain.
22News Storm Team Meteorologist Chris Bouzakis says rain and snow showers should develop around 6:00 p.m. Tuesday. A slushy coating is possible in some areas; mostly outside the lower Pioneer Valley. There is also a chance for freezing drizzle, creating icy spots. The light wintry mix will end around or before midnight with mostly cloudy skies.
Download the 22News Storm Team Weather App
The 22News Storm Team app is customizable and can be set to give you updates specific to where you are or where your home is.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms near you and any approaching risks
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen with an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Southern New England
- The latest video forecasts from the 22News Storm Team
- Current weather conditions for western Massachusetts and anywhere in the United States
- Set multiple custom locations or “follow me” mode to bring all weather forecasts, alerts, radar, and more to wherever you are or any locations you frequent
- Active closings and delays for western Massachusetts
- Detailed 7-Day Forecast gives you the most accurate and in-depth weather information for the full week ahead
- Latest weather discussion from local expert meteorologists of the 22News Storm Team