CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The WWLP Digital Sales Manager (DSM) directly oversees the daily operations of the station’s digital advertising business and interacts with clients and advertising agencies to maximize digital revenue. The position manages a digital dedicated sales person. The DSM also assists in hiring, training and developing Account Executives and collaborates with GM & LSM on digital sales. Qualified applicants can apply online at www.nexstar.tv.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in digital and new product revenue as well as all digital products from Nexstar Digital
- Drives new business development
- Collaborate with Integrated Digital Specialist (IDS) to create multi-platform advertising solutions for local and national clients
- Collaborate with IDS to develop and conduct consistent training for sales team
- Be an effective educator and ambassador both internally and externally on the benefits of digital marketing for clients
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
- Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Manages accounts receivable for digital advertising
- Calls on accounts with Account Executives
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in sales, preferably in the digital field
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Knowledge with prevailing digital technologies such as Google Analytics, ad tagging, SEM/SEO, social media, behavioral and contextual targeting, CMC, Content management,
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent follow-up, resourceful, and self-motivated
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with multiple pending deadlines
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!